We currently have the opportunity for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Senior Level 3 Early Years Practitioner to join our team, on a permanent basis at Scarcroft Green Nursery in the Baby Room.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 8am to 6pm and:
- must have the ability to make every child feel special.
- You must have a warm, friendly nature and be able to distribute hugs as required.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand.
- The ability to sing out of tune in front of a small crowd is essential.
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required.
- Be prepared to be covered in paint, glitter, food and gloop on a daily basis.
- Enjoy jumping in puddles.
- You must be prepared to drink numerous cups of pretend tea on a daily basis.
- The ability to read a story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page and a variety of silly voices is essential.
- Possess the skills to count the heads of numerous moving small people.
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace.
- Most importantly. you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
There is no other job quite like this one!
- To be committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which is fully inclusive and enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children.
- To assist in supporting students on placement and to act as mentor for NVQ trainees and other new/junior staff.
- To organise the room and other duties in the absence of the Room Manager.
- To assume responsibility for a specific area as allocated.
- We are looking for a committed, self motivated person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Must have knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and a minimum of Level 3 Qualification in childcare / education / learning in the early years.
- Early Years or EYITT Professional Status is an advantage.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English is desirable.
Starting salary will be £17,491.50 Per annum
Staff benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, employee assistance programme and company pension contributions.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
To request an application form and full job description please email: email@example.com or telephone 01904 409763.