Under Two’s Room Manager
We currently have the opportunity for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Baby Room Manager to join our team on a permanent basis, at Josephs Nursery.
The successful candidate may have opportunity to cover as Deputy Manager on Fridays.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 7.30am to 6pm.
- To be fully committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To ensure standards outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage are met.
- To be responsible for supporting staff in expanding their knowledge in how to deliver effective and innovative learning opportunities for children.
- To act as a Key Person for a small group of children. This role includes regular completion of children’s progress records (including use of Tapestry software where appropriate).
- To be responsible for a team of Early Years Practitioners and to be proactive in team building, staff motivation and developing the staff to their maximum potential.
- To be a positive role model to the team demonstrating a loving and caring approach whilst working to professional standards.
- To provide a fully inclusive environment for children, staff and parents.
- To ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the Nursery.
- To ensure adequate provision is delivered in all areas, such as catering, cleaning and general maintenance.
- To liaise with the Nursery Manager to ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- To analyse tracking ensuring that each child is fully equipped to move to the next stage of their care and education and reflect on changes / adaptations which may be required as a consequence. To reflect on actions needed to raise children’s attainments in areas where they fall below expected levels.
- We are looking for a committed, self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- We are looking for someone with proven successful experience working with babies and toddlers under the age of two years old in a nursery environment.
- We require a flexible and adaptable person who can demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative and who is able to co-ordinate the smooth running of the Nursery and lead the team at times when the Nursery manager is not present.
- Level 3 Qualification in Early Years essential; qualification in the care of babies and toddlers is advantageous (training may be offered for the right candidate); recognised Early Years Teaching qualification / EYITT Professional Status is an advantage.
- GCSE Grade C equivalents (or a higher grade) in Maths and English is essential.
- The starting salary is £18,895.50 per annum for someone with a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (EYE) or equivalent qualification or
- £19,987.50 per annum if the person holds a recognised Early Years Teacher qualification.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
To request an application form please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can download an application form from our website http://www.yorkchildcare.co.uk/job-vacancies/
The deadline for receiving completed applications is Friday 27th November 2020.