We currently have the opportunity for a Room Manager to join our team in the toddler room at Scarcroft Green Nursery, full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 8am to 6pm.
- To be responsible for a team of Early Years Practitioners and to be proactive in team building, staff motivation and in developing the staff to their maximum potential.
- To be a positive role model.
- To provide a fully inclusive environment for children, staff and parents.
- To be fully committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To ensure standards outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage are met.
- To support the role of the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the Nursery.
- To ensure good quality provision is delivered in all areas, such as catering, cleaning and general maintenance.
- To liaise with the Nursery Manager to ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- To analyse tracking ensuring that each child is fully equipped to move to the next stage of their care and education and reflect on changes / adaptations which may be required as a consequence. To reflect on actions needed to raise children’s attainments in areas where they fall below expected levels.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children where appropriate. This role includes regular completion of children’s progress records (including use of Tapestry software where appropriate).
- We are looking for a committed, self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- We require a flexible and adaptable person who can demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative and who is able to co-ordinate the smooth running of the room.
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning with others in order to lead development.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and a relevant Level 3 qualification in Childcare and Education.
- A recognised Early Years Teaching qualification / EYITT Professional Status is desirable.
- GCSE Grade C equivalents (or a higher grade) in Maths and English are desirable.
- The starting salary is £18,895.50 for someone with a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (EYE)or equivalent qualification or
- £19,987.50 if the person holds a recognised Early Years Teacher qualification.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
To request an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can download an application form from our website http://www.yorkchildcare.co.uk/job-vacancies/