Early Years Roaming Practitioner
York Childcare is a charity providing quality childcare within the City of York. We have three children's day nurseries which provide full and part-time day care for children in the 6 weeks to 5 years age group. Each of our nurseries are Ofsted inspected, offer home-cooked food and have their own outdoor play areas.
We are recruiting for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Early Years Assistant to join our team on a permanent basis, to be based across our 3 nurseries depending on the need of the nursery on any particular day. This role may involve travelling between locations during the day, therefore applicants must be able travel between all 3 nurseries. Mileage allowance will be paid for any journeys undertaken during the working day. The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nurseries to offer care from 7.30am to 6pm.
If the below sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- You must have the ability to make every child feel special.
- You must have a warm, friendly nature and be able to distribute hugs as required.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand.
- If a child requests that you be a fairy, a pirate or a spaceman, you must be the best fairy, pirate or spaceman that you can be!
- The ability to sing out of tune in front of a small crowd is essential.
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required
- You must be prepared to drink numerous cups of pretend tea on a daily basis.
- The ability to read a story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page is essential.
- Possess the skills to count the heads of numerous moving small people.
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace.
- Most importantly, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
There really is no other job quite like this one!
- To be committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which is fully inclusive and enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To assume responsibility for a specific area as allocated.
- We are looking for a committed, self motivated person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage is desirable.
Salary will range from £17,374.50 to £17,569.50 per annum, dependent on qualifications.
Staff benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, membership to an Employee Assistance Programme, company pension contributions and onsite parking.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.