Loved Local Award
Thank you to our lovely nursery families for nominating York Childcare nurseries for this award! The award celebrates how the nursery welcomed back the children after the lockdown period.
Here is what you said about York Childcare nurseries;
- Their communication throughout the whole period has been fantastic. My daughter didn’t attend during lockdown, but any queries I had during this time were answered promptly and fully, despite them working with minimal staff and presumably having better things to be getting on with! As soon as they could reopen to all children, they sent thorough details of what children and parents could expect in the ‘new normal’, and I found it very reassuring that my daughter was going to be as safe as possible when she returned. My daughter was so excited to return, and when we arrived she was made to feel like a superstar with the staff eagerly waiting to take her into nursery and hear all about what had happened over the last three months. They have made what could have been a very difficult transition period absolutely seamless, and both me and my little girl would be lost without them!
- When they’ve been in touch they’re always so friendly that it feels like we’ve still seen the staff at nursery that we miss so much. Staff who would normally be at Heather’s have been working at Joseph’s nursery to look after key worker children during lockdown.
- I’ve felt so well informed during lock down, Josephs communication has been fab and my daughter is so happy to be back there.
- Great friendly staff
Scarcroft Green Nursery
- Fantastic approach to making the children’s return to nursery happy and not scary. Amazing energy and a real love for the children in their care. A really wonderful childcare setting that makes a huge difference to families.
- Doing a scavenger hunt every day. On line stories.
Thank you so much!