Early Years Practitioner
York Childcare is a charity providing quality childcare within the City of York. We have three children's day nurseries which provide full and part-time day care for children in the 6 weeks to 5 years age group. Each of our nurseries are Ofsted inspected, offer home-cooked food and have their own outdoor play areas.
We currently have the opportunity for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Level 3 Early Years Practitioner to join our team, on a permanent basis at Heathers Nursery.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 8am to 6pm.
- To be committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which is fully inclusive and enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children.
- To assist in supporting students on placement.
- To assume responsibility for a specific area as allocated.
- We are looking for a committed, self motivated person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Must have knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and a minimum of Level 3 Qualification in childcare / education / learning in the early years.
- Early Years or EYITT Professional Status is an advantage.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English is desirable.
Average salary once a successful probationary period has been completed is £15,912.00 per annum. Staff benefits include generous annual leave entitlement and company pension contributions.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
To request an application form and full job description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 409763.