Early Years Assistant
We currently have the opportunity for an Early Years Assistant to join our team on a permanent full time basis, working Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week) at Scarcroft Green Nursery.
- You must have the ability to make every child feel special.
- You must have a warm, friendly nature and be able to distribute hugs as required.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand.
- If a child requests that you be a fairy, a pirate or a spaceman, you must be the best fairy, pirate or spaceman that you can be!
- The ability to sing out of tune in front of a small crowd is essential.
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required
- You must be prepared to drink numerous cups of pretend tea on a daily basis.
- The ability to read a story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page is essential.
- Possess the skills to count the heads of numerous moving small people.
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace.
- Most importantly. you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
There is no other job quite like this one!
We require someone who is fully committed to providing a warm, stimulating, safe and caring environment, which is fully inclusive and enables each child to reach their full potential.
You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team. Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and a Qualification in childcare / education / learning in the early years is desirable but not essential. GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English is also desirable but not essential.
The Salary for the position is £17,374.50 per annum.
Staff benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, closure over Christmas, discounted childcare at one of our nurseries, fully funded training opportunities, onsite parking and membership of a healthcare scheme.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
To request an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.